Tuesday 7 April 2009

To Vista or Not? Need a 64bit OS but Linux not an Option - Your Thoughts

So I am planning on moving my home PC to a 6Gb memory base (and also moving to a Core i7). Because of limitations in a 32bit system for supporting memory over 4Gb, I am going to have to move to a 64bit platform. So the question becomes which OS should I use on this new hardware configuration?
The machine in question is used extensively for gaming and other «productivity» usages by all the members of my family. Let's just say that Linux is not an option on this machine for many different reasons including the fact that a lot of games and apps that I use just don't work properly...

So I need advice on which way to take the platform:

  • Should I move to Vista Home Premium? or,
  • Should I stick with Windows XP 64bit?

Your thoughts and opinions very much appreciate, please don't hesitate to comment on this post or video replies to this Seesmic thread!

0 comments: