Wednesday 12 December 2007

Game Publishers Need to Treat Europe More Seriously

The X-Mas Season is upon us and over the past few weeks, I have been looking at which games to purchase as gifts for my son and myself. Now outside a few good titles like Guitar Hero 3, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and others, it would seem that most of the games that are of any real interest won't be coming out until mid January. In fact there doesn't seem to be any new good releases for December in Europe while in January we will see Rock Band, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, ...

So I just don't get the marketing principal on that one! It's not like the games are not ready (most of these have been released in the USA already). As a consumer why would I want to spend any money now on crap or games that I am not interested in when I can wait two or three weeks and get what I really want!

So come one you game publishers... Wake UP! Europe is a serious market... give us the games!!!!

0 comments: